Recently I recieved this email, it was so good and to the point I want to share it with you. It is from my mentor and friend, her wisdom and advice has proven very valuable to me.
Hello, Judy here~
Recently I was on a Leaders call that was full of powerful information about why you need to read your company Policies & Procedures.
In 27 years of network marketing, we've learned the #1 feature you must have in place for success:
Company management experience with integrity.
People ask all the time, "How do I know if my company has integrity?"
The answer is simple: read your company Policies & Procedures. If you can't find them on the website, it's a big red flag. Some companies say you can't read them until after you join. Big red flag.
Why are they ashamed of their P&Ps? Why don't they want you to read them? The P&Ps are YOUR contract to be in business with them - written by the company lawyers! Every time any distributor ever gets a termination letter, it says, "You have violated the Policies & Procedures." They never say you violated "Terms & Conditions." It's always "Policies & Procedures."
Most reps never actually read their P and P's. You need to do it ... it may really open your eyes. At least you'll know exactly what to look for and how to protect yourself.
To Your Success,
So think about it. I too joined many companies without even thinking about the p & p's but have since heard some real horror stories about how you can be affected by them. If you were getting a job you would want to know how you were paid, what you were paid and what you had to do to get paid... and most employers will tell you what will get you fired! Shouldn't you have the same knowledge if you are building a business that you want to pay your children's children... you want security!
The only way to be sure is to read them, not take someone's word for it, but read it before you sign on. You will be doing yourself a favor and practicing critical thinking. Protect yourself and your family by being informed.
Tell me what you think... any experience that would benefit my readers?
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
It isn't easy but you can beat them and show a good example in the process. They are part of your 'self talk' but you can drown them out and just refuse to join them! You can decide if you want to embrace any idea, take it as truth or reject it and give your mind what you believe or want to believe as truth. If you do this enough, the half full glass will be what your subconscious remembers, not the half empty one.
Here are some ways to do this.
1. Use affirmations, say them at least 100 times a day. This amounts to maybe 15 or 20 minutes a day, a small investment in yourself that will really payoff!
2. Find a group of people that you keep in regular contact with, people that are positive, like minded and have similar goals as yourself that you can go to to talk IDEAS with. If they talk about people, find another group! Gossip has no place in your mastermind group.
3. READ BOOKS that are positive. They should be about people that have grown and been successful in what ever they are working in. If you are a mechanic you don't have to read just about successful mechanics, anyone that has reached their goals and is sharing how they did it may have an important idea in it for you. Be a critical thinker and don't take any ones word for absolute truth. Ideas are what you will grow with, sometimes they are opposing but as a critical thinker, you can also grow from rejecting them. An idea never challenged will never grow strong. The more you have to stick to your guns, the stronger you will get and the more desire you will have to reach your goals so don't be afraid to encounter an opposing viewpoint.
4. Stay with the positive emotions. Most of the downtrodden you hear are coming from the negative emotions, they just see the half empty glass. If you can keep the half full glass in your mind, not only can you keep their negativity from invading your mind, you can uplift them. Remember if you focus on the negative, it tends to build more negative. All you have to do is to think the opposite, positive emotion until you feel it. Visualize, mind pictures are a strong replacement for the negativity of someones words. Make up your perfect day and use it when confronted with a situation where you can't get away from a flood of negative talk. You can be sympathetic without joining in. Our thoughts are things, so make sure you are armed with all the good things you can think of when faced with someone that is not as strong, They can feel your state of mind, so keep it in the positive as much as possible and you will feel the results and so will they! Be a 'Mentor with a Servants Heart' and a voice for the good in life. Everyone has it, sometimes they just have to be reminded of it.
5. Find a positive meaning in what you see and hear. Rethinking adverse events in a positive light and giving ordinary happenings a positive value will lift you and everyone around you. Pursue realistic goals, you do yourself no good to reach for something that is so big you can't see it. Having a big goal is ok but you need to break any large undertaking into attainable steps. Be mindful of the positive in your life, look for it, it is ALWAYS there!
6. Do something you love. Take time for you and enjoy yourself. Playing a game with friends, drawing, painting, playing and listening to positive music... these are all things that will keep you happy and relaxed.
7. Smile even if you don't feel like it. Your brain doesn't know the difference between a genuine smile or a fake one, the fake one can do the same job of getting those positive chemicals working in your brain. Fake it till you make it works in this case!
So next time you feel like the negativity around you is closing in. keep these strategies in mind. They work! You can make a difference in you and when people see it they will be positively affected as well. You can make a difference in your life and everyone around you just by being positive, by keeping that half FULL glass in your mind all the time!
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
My family is like most of yours. Yes, I am doing another mlm and I have failed in the past but I am not now, however we all know it takes some time to grow a business. It isn't like a regular job where you work so many hours and get so much money for the time. At first you don't see much obvious gain, but if you are doing it right, getting educated and growing personally with it, you will see a difference first in you, then in your pocketbook.
In the past the dreaded, "but are you making any money!" comment used to really get me going. I always thought it was just them, but if I really believed in what I was doing and growing with my business, why would that bother me so much? I would either get up and leave in a huff thinking why can't they support me or give them a smart answer back that didn't help either of us. If you want to get rid of that reaction, you can! Here are some suggestions that work.
personal development program built in. Because you are working in a business that depends on your ability to foster positive relationships, you need to work on YOU just as much as you do on everything else. As you improve yourself, you will find those comments don't give you the same knee jerk reaction as they used to.
2. Put yourself in their place. For example, my parents like many others went through the depression. Unless your family is one of the lucky wealthy ones that kept their money intact, they know what it is like to be poor, to have to be careful just to make sure they got the basics, food, shelter, ect. So when they someone they care about spending on something with no VISIBLE return, they worry and their doubts come out in questions that may sound like they have little faith in you. They are coming from negative emotions. You have to keep your answers coming from the positive emotions. You have to be able to not take their doubts personally. You can make a great difference in their feelings of insecurity by just staying positive yourself, they will feel your confidence and it will actually make them feel better and they will be more positive too!
3. Self talk... Autosuggestion, the best way to keep your confidence or to grow your faith so you don't react the same way. What you say to yourself is important, you have to practice it when you are not confronted with negativity so when it does come, you have thoughts that are positive to replace them with. Practice and hone your self talk to keep your enthusiasm and confidence up so it doesn't deflate with the first doubting Thomas you come across.
4. Environment... also Autosuggestion. What others say to you will also effect your faith, your confidence. Surround yourself as much as possible with positive, like minded people. Their positive comments will also give you the positive energy and faith to withstand the doubts of others.
You are in control, you are the captain of your fate, so don't just take what comes. Make a conscious effort to control what you hear and think. You will be surprised how little those doubting thomas's are able to push your buttons. They are actually your friends, because they are only pointing out where you need to concentrate your efforts to make yourself into the person you are meant to be!